This page is for recording and adjusting the generally agreed-upon background and canon by the players in Elforce, regarding the setting for Elforce's upcoming Armored Descent games. Please use short and pithy dot-points. Nothing in here is final: if you're not sure whether or not to add it, put it in first and talk about it later.
Discussion regarding the below fluff should go in the #/elforce/ Rizon IRC channel or in this article's attached Discussion page, not in the article itself.
- The EK have stolen/hoarded technology from the Fae.
- The EK have approximately 500 people in their organisation with a little under 1/5 pilots
- The EK own 2-3 airships with 25-30 pilots assigned to each
- The EK's backers are mostly corporate and private contributors
- The EK hate Elforce for brazenly stealing their shit
- Symbiotes crashed to earth clinging to pods.
- Symbiotes are a highly-evolved alpha predator species in a similar manner to Aliens' Xenomorphs.
- Symbiotes come in a wild variety of subspecies.
- The smallest symbiotes seen so far are around the size of huskies. The largest seen so far are around the size of polar bears.
- Symbiotes are distributed widely over the earth in a roughly even spread.
- Symbiotes are discounted by most governments as urban legends.
- Symbiote attacks are few and far between, though they are on the rise as they breed.
- Symbiotes breed by infecting and subverting hosts, using their biomass and any useful traits.
- Humans infected by Symbiotes are able to retain self-control to some extent.
- Fae are space-elves. They have long ears, lithe bodies and long lifespans but otherwise closely resemble humans.
- Fae have technology so far advanced that it almost seems like magic.
- The Fae have been trying to eradicate the Symbiotes, similar to the Aliens vs. Predators.
- They see Humanity as a lesser race bickering over a pile of dirt.
- The main body of their spaceship remains in orbit, and is still habitable, but barely functional. They are trying to repair it.
- Sizable parts of it have fallen to Earth, as has much of their cargo. (i.e. suit pods)
- They rely on their suits and smaller shuttle-craft to travel between Earth and the ship.
- Its main weapons and drive system cannot be activated because REASONS (hull integrity? power/heat management?) but it has sufficient active defenses that shooting it down would be difficult and attempting to board would be near suicidal.
- If it was destroyed, the debris would be a huge hazard to existing satellites.
- Fae developed nanotechnology based on the infestation mechanisms of Symbiotes.